Saturday, March 1, 2014

2013 Leaf Pagoda Joey Story















Before telling you about
the 2013 Leaf Pagoda Joey Story








Let me ask
6 questions







1.
Did Mr. A. Cường
promise me monthly salaries?






I did not ask for money.









After losing my bike,
The pagoda gave me money
and then Mr. A. Cường 
handed me salary money






I did not ask for money
but they gave me money









Mr. A. Cường specifically
said to me, "Joey, salary."














My students asked Mr. Cuong
and Mr. A. Cường said
I'd get monthly salaries
and that my class would continue
after Tet















In December I asked
if my class could continue after Tet
















My students asked
and I sent emails to the pagoda
that was in English and Vietnamese














The pagoda
never responded to my emails
















In December 2013, 



my students
and other people said to me
that the pagoda will let me
sleep and eat there any time I want














I tried asking the pagoda
for clarification many times














I never originally
got clarification for my questions



















2. 
When did Mrs. Dung
first learn of me?
















Because it seems that she did not know who I was until around the 10th of February 2014, but I've been coming to this Leaf Pagoda since August 2013. 






















Mrs. Dung is the teachers coordinator. She invites teachers to teach at the pagoda. It seems that Mr. A. Cường failed to tell her about me, but she seems to be mad at me instead of being mad at Mr. A. Cường.














3. 
Why did Mrs. Dung
say that my visa is expired?















My visa
expires 2014-03-10
and today is 2014-03-02





























































That is a photo
of me and Kathy









Kathy
stole my bike
















ask Kathy
to give me back my bike
or give me money














Kathy's Contact Information


Katie Kathy Phuong Thao Duong
Duong Phuong Thao (Зыонг Фыонг Тхао)
KatieFoung@gmail.com









Kathy's Cell +(84)128-659-6055
Mother's Cell +(84)+91-362-4778
FB.com/phuongthao1984
FB.com/kathythao.duong











753 Nguyễn Duy, phường 12, 
Quận 8, Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh, 
đất nước Việt Nam
Asia










4.
Did the pagoda
promise that I could sleep
at the pagoda any time I want?




I thought 
they promised me that.





according to
my students and others
who translated what Mr. Cuong
and the master was telling me






Don't break promises.
Period, no matter what.






On the exception 
that you do break promises,
please offer explanations
and apologies 
and compensation
for the inconvenience 
of doing just that

















5.
Why did they threaten
to call police or others
to kick me out of the pagoda?









The pagoda started threatening me
on Tuesday 2014-02-25













Later, they said that the master
told them not to call the police
so that I'd leave on my own














but why did they
continue threatening me
if they were not going to really
get the police to come to the pagoda
to get me?











6.
Why do they continue
threatening me with the police?













if the master
told them not to
right?













remember these questions
as I tell the story














The 2013 Leaf Pagoda
Joey Story












By Joey Arnold
OriginalOatmeal@Gmail.com









today, Sunday
2014-03-02












at the Saigoniz Cousine
135 Nguyễn Quý Anh
Phường Tân Sơn Nhì, 
Quận Tân Phú HCM VN










A decline in communication 
is a decline in understanding. 








Do you ever run into that?










You ever
misunderstand others?















People ever
misunderstand you?








Let me 
tell you a story









Once upon time
lived me, an USA 
American English Teacher
in Vietnam









My name is
Joey Arnold
The Original Oatmeal








Let me tell you
this story in third-person







This means that instead
of saying the word "Me"
I will say the word "Joey"
and things like that







I will talk like how
Elmo talks













Once upon a time
lived Joey







Joey was born 1985
in Forest Grove, Oregon USA








Joey went to
Vietnam in 2012











Joey teaches English
in Saigon, Vietnam now







Joey started teaching
at the Leaf Pagoda in August 2013




Joey was 
introduced through a friend
to the Chùa Lá Gò Vấp
Leaf Pagoda







CONTACT THEM
THEIR ADDRESS IS
từ giảng dạy tại chùa Lá 
Chùa Lá Gò Vấp
LEAF PAGODA







Liên hệ với họ : Văn phòng Trung tâm Bạn Thiện Nhơn : 

12/2E Quang Trung, P. 14
Q.Gò Vấp TPHCM VN







CALL THEM
ĐT . lien he : 0906.721705 ( A. Cường ) ; 0.902,427222









Email the pagoda
chualagovap@yahoo.com












August 2013
Joey was assisting in the teaching
in some of the classes and clubs
on Tuesdays and Thursdays
at that pagoda











Later, this older Vietnamese English Teacher
invited Joey to help him












Joey helped
during his classes in Saturdays
and on Sundays 7 - 8:30 PM
















Later,
he gave Joey
his own class















he talked to the pagoda
and the pagoda gave
Joey his own class






Joey had over 40 students
Saturday and Sunday nights








from November 2013
to January 2014









2013 December
Joey's bike was stolen
at the 23/9 park in District 1
HCM VN






The pagoda
wanted to be nice











The pagoda
gave Joey money
so that Joey can buy a new bike





Mr. A. Cường
also gave Joey monthly salary













Joey was told
he would get 1.000.000 VND per month













Joey got 1.000.000 VND
for December 2013














but Joey did not get anything
for January or February 2014












Joey had students ask
in person and via the phone











the Pagoda would tell them
that Joey would continue
to get salaries and students and classes









and that
Joey could sleep at the pagoda
any time he wants












Tuesday, 2014-02-25
Mrs. Dung told Joey to leave
or to wait for the police













Mrs. Dung said
that Joey's visa was expired
but Joey's visa isn't expired












before, it seem
as if the pagoda didn't hate Joey











after Joey met Mrs. Dung
then it seem that the pagoda
began hating Joey













it seems that A. Cường
failed to tell Mrs. Dung about Joey










when Mrs. Dung asked
Mr. A. Cường and the other staff
at the pagoda












they may have lied
to Mrs. Dung









Saturday, 2014-02-22
some of Joey's students

came to Joey's class









but told Joey
that Joey's class was canceled











but the pagoda
never told Joey that
Joey's class was canceled











Joey continues to have
all of these questions













and Joey
wants to understand 
what is happening











this story 
is to be continued














there is more
to be said about the details








For example,
last night, 2014-03-01
it seem as if the pagoda liked Joey
but it may have been a lie









they told Joey many things
in order to get Joey to leave









they have been lying to
Joey's students









and they seem to lie
to joey as well











stay tune
for more info









please asked the pagoda
to answer my questions








and please email me at
















No comments:

Post a Comment